Toyota — Toyota Australia starts engine exports to Asia | GoAuto

25 мая 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »
Toyota camry/hybrid (asia)

News — Toyota

Australia starts engine to Asia

To the four: About four-cylinder petrol and hybrid will be exported from Australia’s Altona engine to Thailand and Malaysia this

First batch of Australian-made engines sets sail for and Malaysia

18 January 2013

Australia today started engines for the first time in than a decade, fulfilling a new arrangement with Toyota in Malaysia and Thailand.

About 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol and engines – about 16 per cent of – will be shipped from the opened $331 million plant at Altona, in Melbourne’s this year.

A further 90,000 engines go into Australian-made Camrys and Hybrids for sale here and bringing total engines in 2013 to more than

Toyota Australia media and affairs manager Beck could not confirm how long the program would continue, but GoAuto “there is no end-date in

Ms Angel said the number of engines might increase, “We hope that we will to export (to Thailand and Malaysia) in and for those numbers to remain the or increase.”

Toyota Australia previously engines in knock-down kits to between 1992 and 2002, and engines to New Zealand and South between 1993 and 2001.

Toyota engines ready for

But the new arrangement marks the first stand-alone Toyota engines been exported from to Thailand or Malaysia.

The Altona-built will end up in Camry sedans in the Southeast Asian nations, the most of free-trade agreements that have been as a one-way street to date.

Ms Angel agreed the FTA had sweetened the deal and eased access to the and Malaysian markets.

“But the is we are getting a reputation with our and they are turning to us to get quality she said.

Helped by the FTA, low and a reputation for quality, Thailand has Australia’s second largest of imported vehicles after with almost 172,000 vehicles sold here year.

Toyota camry/hybrid (asia)

But only a small of Australian-made cars – including a of Ford Territory SUVs – made it to Thailand, where are still subject to punishing taxes.

Production of the new 2.5-litre AR four-cylinder engines started at the new Altona plant this week and the shipment of exports will at their Asian destinations month.

Toyota Australia director of manufacturing and purchasing, Harrod, said the company’s had worked hard to secure for the new engine plant and “ensure we are producing the best quality

The federal government’s now discontinued Car Industry Innovation Fund $63 million to the Toyota engine rebuilt, with more coming from the Victorian

“The fact that we able to secure new export in Thailand and Malaysia is testament to the of our work and the positive reputation Australia has amongst our affiliates,” Mr said.

“It also shows good and support from the Toyota within the ASEAN region, has allowed us to further expand our and linkage to the Toyota global

“We are now one of only four countries to this particular engine and are the Australian manufacturer to produce petrol and hybrid engines.”

expects 85 per cent of engine at Altona will be petrol with the remaining 15 per cent

Have you thought about a CX-5?

Toyota camry/hybrid (asia)
Toyota camry/hybrid (asia)
Toyota camry/hybrid (asia)
Toyota camry/hybrid (asia)
Toyota camry/hybrid (asia)

Interesting Articles

Here you can write a commentary on the recording "Toyota — Toyota Australia starts engine exports to Asia | GoAuto".

Sign in, to write a review.

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

Born in the USSR


About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Toyota cars catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about cars Toyota.